New Catalog - Stair Handrail Fittings

Chief_Content

Download this selection of volutes and transition objects for handrails.

20231019161525_Handrails-No1-Fittings.jpg

Use the included molding profiles to match your stair or railings handrail to the accessory style you'd like to use. Then manually place the decorative pieces and use the <CTRL> + Move features to align them into place. Adjust with resize and rotate handles.

1 hour ago, Chief_Content said:

Use the included molding profiles to match your stair or railings handrail to the accessory style you'd like to use. Then manually place the decorative pieces and use the <CTRL> + Move features to align them into place. Adjust with resize and rotate handles.

Some of these are not properly modeled. Here is a elevation view of the end cut of a volute with the molding profile overlayed:
image.thumb.png.0bc283d354de7de2832f23047a5b5c40.png

It would really be much more useful if the Stair dbx had a way to automatically add these items at the appropriate locations and orientation.  Maybe X16 will have such capabilities.

Manual placement is a pain and matching to stair rails for various rise/run ratios is difficult because stretching the symbol changes the shape of the profile.

• Upvote 3

@Joe_Carrick, we heartily agree. More parametric features throughout the software are often requested and are desirable. I do not believe this particular functionality rose to the top for X16 development.

I'm sure you are aware content development is not able to implement functionality improvements for the software. We are able to provide objects users request, like these; you are welcome to use them to add detail to your scenes!

1 minute ago, Chief_Content said:

@Joe_Carrick, we heartily agree. More parametric features throughout the software are often requested and are desirable. I do not believe this particular functionality rose to the top for X16 development.

I'm sure you are aware content development is not able to implement functionality improvements for the software. We are able to provide objects users request, like these; you are welcome to use them to add detail to your scenes!

@Dermotchief content over here calling you out on stairs , hehe

• Like 1