Copy & Paste Malfunction

ACADuser

Please tell me they fixed this in X7.
When you select an item from the catalog to place in the drawing you can PAN with the middle mouse button before clicking to paste the object.
When you use the "Copy/paste" function to duplicate an object, using the middle mouse button to pan drops the object a it you left clicked.
This is quite annoying and a BUG IMO.

Thanks

Update:

I can duplicate this if I use "copy/paste" from the edit menu. Center button pastes the item in place instead of panning.

I use CTRL-C, CTRL-V to copy and paste. With this method you are still able to mouse the center button to pan.

Ah Ha

I use the Icon for Copy/paste and why would I expect it to act differently than Ctrl C  Ctrl V ?

This drives me crazy. I'm a button man & don't want to memorize 99 key combinations.

Give me a colorful button any time.

Can't believe I'm the first to complain abut this !!

CA did reply:

Charles -

I apologize for the extreme delay in responding to your issue. I was waiting to address this issue until today, as we are releasing the first update for Chief Architect X7, later today, on this webpage:

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/updates.html

I had very much hoped that your issue would be addressed in today's released update. Unfortunately, this particular copy/paste issue proved to be too complex to address in this first update, and it was deferred until later.

Again, I apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket in the Online Support Center, and for the delay in fixing this issue. Because this is 'Lost Functionality', (it worked in a previous version of Chief but is currently broken), please know this this issue is a top-priority and it will be fixed as quickly as possible.

Again, thank you for your patience and for using the Online Support Center.

Nigel