Opening CAV9.5 Layout File & Saving Via X8 doesn’t work

mthd97

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

Hi, I was following the instructions on the CA help website about opening older files Via CAX8 and saving them as X8 files. I was able to open a legacy V9.5 layout file but after saving it as an X8 layout file, it wouldn’t display the layout any longer. I still have my old layout file to view but it looks like I cannot edit it to save it in X8. I also have the old plan file that does save in X8 and can be worked on in X10. I just need to create a new layouts for it and take it from there by the looks ? Anybody else had a similar issue with much older legacy files ?

I deal with lots of 9.5 legacy files and haven't seen this issue, but I admit I typically create a new layout anyway (due to new codes, notes logos, etc), so I may not have experienced simply due to not fully testing the converted layout file.  I'd be happy to test it out on my end if you want to send it to me directly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Just a guess but did you verify the new layout file is properly linked to the new plan file ?

No I just saved it in the same location as the new plan file.

I will have a look and see how I can link them together.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, BenPalmer said:

I deal with lots of 9.5 legacy files and haven't seen this issue, but I admit I typically create a new layout anyway (due to new codes, notes logos, etc), so I may not have experienced simply due to not fully testing the converted layout file.  I'd be happy to test it out on my end if you want to send it to me directly.

I will need to create a new layout set anyway but I was just hoping to find a way to quickly reference the layout in the newer version of CA.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Quite likely that is the issue if you overlooked that step.

Tools > Layout > Referenced Plan Files...

Yes all good now ! I saved the referenced plan files from off my USB to the file location on my PC. 

Thanks.