Dropping slab for porch/patio?

5Design

Go to solution Solved by SNestor,

Hey Y'all,

Not sure where Chief builds that they don't do this, but when I try to adjust manually for a 1.5" drop for the slab on a porch or patio, it just drops the pad and not the beams.  I'm sure there's a simple fix, but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure what your talking about but I'll give it a shot. If you want to lower the porch slab and keep the porch beam hgt at the same hgt of the main floor, then just change the two numbers next to the red arrows in my pic and it should drop the floor and leave the clg/beam height of the porch alone.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 1.15.51 PM.png

19 minutes ago, Rosco2017 said:

I'm not 100% sure what your talking about but I'll give it a shot. If you want to lower the porch slab and keep the porch beam hgt at the same hgt of the main floor, then just change the two numbers next to the red arrows in my pic and it should drop the floor and leave the clg/beam height of the porch alone.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 1.15.51 PM.png

Thanks, Rosco.   I want to drop the whole thing but have only been able to get the pad to drop.  It leaves the beams at the same height so the middle of the patio is depressed.

Post the plan and Ill take a look. Just a guess but it sounds like the stem wall top isn't following be top of the slab. Make sure BOTH fields have the same number. There are other factors that could be affecting this as well but it's all just a guess until you post the plan.

53 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

I'm sure there is too but I'm a little confused by your description of the issue. A drawing with notes, or better yet a plan file, and a better explanation of what you're after, would get you a quick solution. 

Chris, When it's unspecified it looks like this image.thumb.png.5c9869c6e70c1eb3c7e8f32a542ea7a7.pngWhen I change the room to a patio it goes to this (no clue why)image.thumb.png.dc534f811181f2199c6446eb4e4bdd70.png but it should drop the slab 1.5" and allow me to put a threshold in.  Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I should be able to get it accurate, I would think.  Chief doesn't get what a porch / patio is, apparently.

And I have to go and delete the base and flooring, which is no big deal (just extra time), but I should be able to set defaults for the room.  Garage is goofy too...does a similar thing.  I've tried adjusting default for patio and just get a bunch of different things that aren't right.

image.png

• Solution

First...open defaults, go to FLOORS AND ROOMS>FLOOR LEVELS>FLOOR 0. Make sure you set "Floor to SWT" to "0"

For the patio, First Floor level, you need to set the "Stem Wall Top" to -1.5" so that it matches the floor.

If you make this change on the foundation level...you need to place -1.5" for the "ceiling" 

2023-12-08_14-56-56.thumb.png.42ba98d13ee5b799503ca93b5272221c.png2023-12-08_14-58-47.thumb.png.1ca0813b7073d19b1d0aee1cee4673c4.png

• Like 1