Model loading for very long time on 3D view

BenBorgaz

Hey guys, 

I got a file from my architect of 2 story project we are working on, ever since my Chief is super slow...to the point where i would have the most simplest model and making a small change like color or something and it would take like few min as opposed to before when it was like 5 sec. 

Computer specs are above and behind so im sure its not to do with that, I9 96G RAM, 4080TI graphic card, 4 TB SSD.

Please any help, I cannot work like this :/ 

I got a file from my architect of 2 story project we are working on, ever since my Chief is super slow...

What kind of file did they send you?  Where are you seeing the slow downs?  You did not give us a lot of info so it's a bit hard to give you more help.  

This tech article has some more general info about trouble shooting slowness:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00521/troubleshooting-slowness-in-chief-architect-plans.html

Thank you for your reply.... they sent me a 2 story file of a house and ever since when I try to load the 3d view it takes time and I get the message "Building model - generating floor 1, floor 2" - I am working on a different floor plan and that doesnt even have a second story, also if I do a chance for example changing color of cabinets or even just moving an inch a cabinet, it does the same thing. 

18 hours ago, BenBorgaz said:

Hey guys, 

I got a file from my architect of 2 story project we are working on, ever since my Chief is super slow...to the point where i would have the most simplest model and making a small change like color or something and it would take like few min as opposed to before when it was like 5 sec. 

Computer specs are above and behind so im sure its not to do with that, I9 96G RAM, 4080TI graphic card, 4 TB SSD.

I feel your pain on this sometimes. Oddly enough alot of times I just reboot the PC and it works good again. I shouldn't be having this with my setup either.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:49 PM, BenBorgaz said:

Oh man did I feel you pain for the whole month of November.. It was so frustrating, and in a stressful kinda way.  I tried everything, reboots, updating all the drivers, uninstall and reinstall windows, drivers, etc..  I broke down and just called Dell.  It ended up being a hardware issue.  My power supply took a surge, enough to burn out a phase, but enough for the computer to work, barely.  It took Dell over a month to get the PC fixed, but she's running like brand new again.  I can move a door, and it moves in real time. If yours is under warranty still, get them to do a diagnosis.  Dell remoted in, so I didn't need to take the tower anywhere.  Your specs look like you shouldn't have any issues at all.  

You still haven't given us much info to give you anything more than random guesses.

The picture you posted just shows a normal message that you will get when the program is building your 3D model.  If that it is taking a very long time, there are lots of reasons why this can happen.  The problem could be something in your model or the problem could be something on your system.

If you want an easy way of figure out if it is a problem with your plan or your system, then post your plan.  You will need to post a link to an online location (like dropbox or something similar) because it will be too big to attach to the forum.  Then someone else can see if they are having the same slow downs (and if so, they may even be able to tell you why).

I also recommend that your take a look at that tech article that I posted above.  It has a whole list of things you can look into if you want to figure it out yourself.