Soldier courses

winterdd

Hey guys, is there a way to make the soldier course uniform instead of having the staggered pattern? I used the "adjust material def" but no luck. I made a pline solid and use it as a lintel then paint it with the brick type/color. I am sure whatever suggestion you have should work for the brick sill too. 

image.thumb.png.d51fd2416ff766559a0b95ed876400d2.png

Just now, DBCooper said:

Your brick material is staggered.  You need to use a different material that is not staggered.

I tried course but it widens/narrows with the window size and not uniform. The brick I used is called Tan Terra and does not have a course size. Example shown, surely the adjust material def manipulates this correct?

image.thumb.png.43c2226dbe41d562e5e77b362ebf108e.png

Do you know why the layout files changes the brick lines?

Yes, it's because your layout is showing the material patterns and your camera view is showing textures.  Materials have both and they can be set to be different or set to be the same.  Charles suggestion to switch your camera view to use the vector view render technique will show you what the patterns look like and give you a better preview of what the layout will look like (especially if you are using "plot lines").  

You might want to also check out this tech article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00194/changing-the-direction-of-a-material-s-pattern-and-texture.html

• Upvote 1