Problem with x15 physically based

DH7777

For me the most impressive improvement from x11 to x15 was the quality of the physically based feature. x11 sucked! x15 was practically Ray Trace quality with very little adjustments!  

So I just opened up x15 on my laptop and the PB didn't look like my office PC produced. (Both laptop and PC have more than enough to run x15)  As you can see the difference. Same everything accept I notice that when I open the Technique options dialog drop down to adjust PB picture, the the Global Illumination is not even an option on my laptop. (see other pics) I'm thinking this is what is going on. Notice in the laptop pic even the floor changes in each room definition. Also I noticed when I export the PB pic the PC will take its time and render the picture slowly (about 5 minutes) but the laptop does not ever seem to render the pic it just saves it like it is in a split second. I am confused because other than the Global Illumination option not present, I'm doing exactly nothing different between the two computers. Any help would be great.

PB from laptop.jpg

PB from PC.jpg

image_67165953.JPG

image_67155457.JPG

Straight from the help file. Sounds like your laptop does not support Real Time Ray Tracing. What are the specs?

Global Illumination

• When Use Ray Tracing is active and checked, multiple samples of indirect lighting in the scene are created, improving the lighting quality with each sample. This setting and those below it will not be active if real-time GPU Ray Tracing is not supported on the system. See GPU Ray Tracing.

5 hours ago, misterwiley said:

Straight from the help file. Sounds like your laptop does not support Real Time Ray Tracing. What are the specs?

Global Illumination

• When Use Ray Tracing is active and checked, multiple samples of indirect lighting in the scene are created, improving the lighting quality with each sample. This setting and those below it will not be active if real-time GPU Ray Tracing is not supported on the system. See GPU Ray Tracing.

512 GB Inte SSD + 32 GB, intel Optane memory,  32 GB SDRAM , intel core i7, Nivida geforce gtx 1660 Ti is what my laptop has. It Ray Traces fine but is that different than PBR? 

I read someone else said to go to preferences-render-troubleshooting and make sure Global Illumination is checked on. BUT the is no troubleshooting tab in that sequence nor is there one on my PC. I have can't find where to turn it on

3 hours ago, DH7777 said:

Nivida geforce gtx 1660 Ti is what my laptop has. It Ray Traces fine but is that different than PBR?

The GTX 1660 is not a RTX card which is why you can't do Real Time Raytracing, only standard ray tracing. You need a RTX 2000 or newer card.

3 hours ago, DH7777 said:

I read someone else said to go to preferences-render-troubleshooting and make sure Global Illumination is checked on. BUT the is no troubleshooting tab in that sequence nor is there one on my PC. I have can't find where to turn it on

Check out the screen grab below of the preference panel you mention and the accompanying help file info. If it's grayed out, then your card does not support it.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 191055.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DH7777 said:

intel core i7, Nivida geforce gtx 1660 Ti is what my laptop has

Only the 2000, 3000 and 4000 Series have the RTX Hardware needed for  PBR - RTRT  ( Real Time Ray Tracing)

the 9,10 and 16 Series NV. Cards should be able to use the X12 version of the PBR view though which wasn't too bad.

Mick.

• Like 1