Sloped ceiling shows in 3D but not in wall elevations!

LisaClarkDesign

Can anyone help?  I have repeated issues.  My 3D renderings will show a sloped or vaulted ceiling, but I cannot get my wall elevations to show it!  I'm designing a bathroom and need to show the slope as the shower will have tile to ceiling etc.  A cross-section will show the slope but I only need that wall elevation.  HELP! Screenshot below shows the 3D with the ceiling slope, and then the wall elevation which won't and then a cross section. 

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 12.31.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 12.32.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 12.38.00 PM.png

So there is no way to use the wall elevation tool and show the slope?  I am using Home Designer Pro 2021 for Mac (The newer versions gave me constant issues with the 3D renderings so I switched back to an older version to finally resolve the issue). Anyway, when I play with those settings it doesn't do anything to help me just show that wall was an elevation with slope.  What am I not understanding?

1 minute ago, LisaClarkDesign said:

So there is no way to use the wall elevation tool and show the slope?  I am using Home Designer Pro 2021 for Mac

Don't know. CA X15 shows the sloped ceiling in a Wall Elevation in this simple test plan:

1496544747_ScreenShot2023-11-09at3_23_02PM.thumb.png.f2a7678bf833640ffa240ebec1a376ef.png

Home Designer has its own forum, maybe ask there.

I don't think it really has to do with HD pro or mac.  I think it's because you are using the 2021 version which I think is based on the same engine they used for Chief X12.  Back in X12, I don't think wall elevations ever included vaulted ceilings and now they do.  

So I think you either need to use the full cross section (and maybe crop or mask the view to show what you want) or manually draw what you want to show above the wall elevation. 

The other choice would be to see if you can get the newest version (2024) working on your machine (or upgrade your machine).  I know most of the people that had problems when going from X12 to X13 either needed to update their video card drivers or upgrade their machines.  You should first check to see if your machine meets the min sys reqs and if it does, you should be able to get the newer version working on it.

25 minutes ago, LisaClarkDesign said:

@solverThis is all I have for options when editing active camera

Yeah you also don't have the additional clipping tools Eric was referring to. I'm afraid you're stuck with either manipulating the cross section, or upgrading.

An older workaround for situations like this would be to draw a CAD shape(s) filled with solid white to cover things you don't want to see. Might get you out of a jam...?

In addition to using a mask (drawing a white filled polyline to hide things you don't want to see), you may also be able to edit the shape of the layout box to crop the view (assuming that you are sending the view to a layout to print).  Select the layout box and see if you have the "break" tool.  If so, you can add break points along the edges and make the layout box almost any shape you need.