Roof framing coming thru roof planes @ edges

TCB_BdnMY

So this has been happening on almost every mono slop style build ive been doing lately and i cant for the life of me figure out why.... But when i go and build my roof framing, most of the trusses are ignoring the 2' overhang and building a full truss right to the end, causing this lovely effect in the posted image. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.af8d3e9e63a58f9259b39a57c9d355d3.png

I would assume that your attic walls that are the "High Shed Gable" walls are out of alignment with the roof trusses. Auto Generated attic walls are often not reliably placed and or you may have miss located them. The truss tool follows the room dialog box established ceiling height and the underside of the roof planes, so it is probably correct unto itself but is sticking through the attic walls as in your posed image. Just a guess.

DJP

1 hour ago, TCB_BdnMY said:

Any ideas?

This has always been the case when using trusses with this type of roof configuration. If you really want the correct appearance you will need to do some manual editing. Perhaps the simplest method is to use 2 separate roof trusses, 1 for each roof plane. It still requires editing the polyline of the higher truss, but I find that a bit quicker and more stable than editing the truss framing members.

• Like 1