Plans for an old Church

theallan

Hi all,

I'm drawing up the plans for an old Chruch in the village I live in, and there are two features of the building that I have no idea how to draw. I'm using Home Designer Architectural 2019.

The first is a corner buttress wall which has multiple levels, extending beyond the height of the main walls and coming to an apex. The second is a bell tower at the apex of the front of the building. Does anyone have any suggestions or links to documentation for how I can approach this please?

Thanks,

Allan

20231021_082606.jpg

20231021_082634.jpg

I don't know if home designer architectural actually has the polyline solid tool.  I am not even sure if it has any other tools that might be able to design either of those details easily.  You might be able to model it in a separate plan using walls and roofs and then converting it into a symbol (if you can convert to a symbol).  I think those details above the windows might also be a bit of a challenge even in chief.  I would probably try to do them with a wall material region.

You might try asking over on the home designer forum here:  https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

Other ideas would be things like upgrading to home designer pro, seeing if you can download a symbol somewhere that is close enough, paying someone that has Chief to build these as symbols, subscribing to Chief for a month, ...

• 4 months later...

Have you tried looking for architectural references online? It might also be helpful to consult with experienced architects or builders in your area who have dealt with similar challenges.
And thanks for checking in on my progress! I'll definitely keep an eye out for any useful resources that might come my way. Speaking of resources, I recently stumbled upon some materials that offer guidance and support for various aspects of life, including architectural endeavors. It's always reassuring to know there are resources out there to turn to when you need God.