Schedule formatting

SHCanada2

8 hours ago, SHCanada2 said:

I suppose the note method would also guarantee the wall number in the cross section matches, where if using text boxes there would be a possibility of putting a W2 label on a wall in the cross section, and then the text box actually has W1. But my guess is, there is always the same numbering, W1 for above grade W2 for below grade, W3 for garage etc..

I'd be all over finding a way that eliminates the potential for error! I haven't found a fool proof system yet.  Using notes or text macros ensure accuracy of the note but placement of the note is still in the users hands. I found that repetition and my memory of my system were about the most accurate I can get. I haven't found a really good, reliable and fast method to tag walls in section view to coordinate with an assembly schedule using any tool that coordinate with a Chief Schedule. I

I can think of some really good ways that this could be programmed, but currently the simplest IMO is a cad block of callouts and an assembly labeling system that is as repetitive as possible.

• 4 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 7:28 PM, KristjanM said:

The actual energy model is done in Hot2000

@robdyck @KristjanM

So I had an energy evaluation done on my home. And it claims some interesting things:

1. Nominal R of walls is R18.9(I assume this was inputted by the selection of the wall assembly), which is fine, but it claims effective R of the "walls" are 18.7. This is of course not possible for a no wrapped 2x6 wall using the defined values in the NBC. I even tried using 11% framing (no windows in the wall) and could not achieve this.

image.thumb.png.01320f3aae644537df492edd9ed9cf58.png

2. The effective R value of a floor over a garage is greater than the nominal. Not sure how that can be

image.thumb.png.915184f3931e417615dab01d6dd70ed7.png

so I downloaded hot2000 myself and tried it for a box house. I noticed that the wall assembly effective R is different than the actual walls it models. This shows 2.73

image.thumb.png.72f8c54eafc17bfe0b081206e7bc5d78.png

but the summary shows 2.95

image.thumb.png.214e1626596e095e36a1e264b507ac16.png

so once again the effective R of the walls is higher than the assembly

Any idea what it is doing? Adjusting Rvalue for temperature or something?

Because if one can get these kind of numbers using the "model", they blow the prescriptive method out of the water

Thanks

Interesting for sure...and suspect at the same time. No doubt something that would require an in depth conversation and analysis of tall the various inputs and modelling methods to really parse out what is being reported.