3d Animation of a house being built

SoboHomes

2 hours ago, SoboHomes said:

Hello,

I'm interested in learning how to do a 3D animation of a house being built. Has anyone tried doing this? and if so, what program did you use?

Thanks,

You can do this in twinmotion utilizing phases but it would be ver complicated to achieve depending on how specific you wanted to get about what displays and when

2 hours ago, SoboHomes said:

I'm interested in learning how to do a 3D animation of a house being built. Has anyone tried doing this? and if so, what program did you use?

I have seen it done in Lumion quite effectively but you are looking at a lot of hours to get it right and make it worthwhile.

I just did this a month or two ago. I used CA15 to take all the video clips in such a way to capture many different stages from a full vegetation lot through digging the hole, foundation, 1st floor framing, 2nd floor framing, roof with windows and doors and house wrap, finished house and patios on rough grading and ended with the landscaped lot and hard surfaced driveway. I made an MP4 video clip by splicing all the CA video clips together on my Mac's iMovie. No fancy editing as I have no idea how to do that stuff. All the work came from overlapping walk through paths in the same direction. The video is 93Mb so I can't load it here but I attached still shots from the 37 second video.

The guys above are correct, it was about a day and a half worth of work to set up my library items (mostly chosen vegetation items with proper layer set specifications organized into different library folders), create additional layer sets for all the different plans needed, work out the logistics for the over lapping camera views, plus make all the additional items not already in the original plan. Four plans, 11 walk through clips, 10 additional layer sets, quite a few new items in my library along with manipulation of a few things like wall materials (to show the house wrap) is what was needed. I also made a two page set of directions so I can repeat this process in an hour or two now. I would say that the amount of effort was worth it as it is pretty cool and the customer loved watching his house come to life. If you are interested, I can email you the video to see if it is something you want to pursue. 

521133762_AllPhasesofConstruction.thumb.png.979b5acbf2663acf95093fd5aa47f3bf.png