How to add Room Label Tags in addition to the generic Room Name

KDsnyder

Simply put I want to display a room "label" or "tag" in addition to displaying the room name. In other words I want my drawings to have numbered labels like the attached photo so on the finished schedule I can sort by this instead of "Bedroom" or "Bathroom" of which I multiple. Is there a way to assign these "tags" to the rooms the same way I can do so with windows and doors? Thanks!

Room Tag Example.png

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 3:57 PM, solver said:

Did you search the forum? Various ideas have been discussed.

Yes I did however I may not have been inputting the correct terms. Everything I was finding was relating to turning the tags on or off. I'm hoping to find a solution so I can number the rooms the same way I do with other electrical/plumbing fixtures.

On 9/4/2023 at 4:31 PM, glennw said:

This may help to get you on your way:

Thanks so much for that! I was hoping to simply add the room number to the underside of the room label in a more specific way. I may have to go this route for now at least. Thanks so much!

On 9/11/2023 at 12:44 PM, KDsnyder said:

I was hoping to simply add the room number to the underside of the room label in a more specific way

You can use a Custom Schedule, ( Rename to Room number Schedule)  and the addition of a macro on the second line of the Room Label nowadays ...

in X15 anyway, I'm not sure if your Sig. is accurate ? (X14?) but I think this was available in X14 too.     

( you may need to open the Room's DBX and turn the Show Label On/off to refresh it , to get things to populate to the Schedule.)

image.thumb.png.19492fdeae922e67ba7abf5431e77655.png  image.thumb.png.1724e4d352b758600c661f9f4785f290.png

TEST FILE:    MHD_Room_Number_Schedule_Test.plan

Mick