Truss base problems in X15

GeneDavis

Go to solution Solved by mLongChief,

I've a 17 meg file I tried compressing and I hope you can open it.  I didn't test it.

A cross gabled roof has lower side wings, one side with two pitches, and the framing requires the trusses to lay on as a valley set over the center bay scissor trusses.  I manually drew the roofs, drew the ceiling planes in the center bay for the scissors envelope, drew the trusses and drew the truss bases.  I only get one valley set lay-on before things go bust.  Uphill trusses do not generate between the truss base and the roof above, instead form inside the lower roof.  See the pics.Bly Mountain basement garage.zip

Screenshot 2023-08-16 083306.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 082757.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 083903.png

Bly Mountain basement garage.zip

Not working for me, Joe.

On the opposite side, I removed the truss base, leaving the over-roof, the under-roof, and the ceiling plane under the under-roof.  Tried to drag-repeat the truss over and got three little trusses INSIDE the scissors envelope.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 093100.png

• Solution
2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I've a 17 meg file I tried compressing and I hope you can open it.  I didn't test it.

A cross gabled roof has lower side wings, one side with two pitches, and the framing requires the trusses to lay on as a valley set over the center bay scissor trusses.  I manually drew the roofs, drew the ceiling planes in the center bay for the scissors envelope, drew the trusses and drew the truss bases.  I only get one valley set lay-on before things go bust.  Uphill trusses do not generate between the truss base and the roof above, instead form inside the lower roof.

After poking around the plan for a bit, I noticed that the pitch of the truss bases didn't match the pitch of the lower roof. Changing the truss base's pitch to match the lower roof seemed to have fixed it, though I had to redraw the truss base on the right side of the building to get it to work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1