Room Labels Turning Off (?)

JKEdmo

Today's weird issue that's baffled me...

My room labels keep getting turned off whole floors / levels:

image.thumb.png.8bb734fe8b48d904a83e80f3186a3fce.png

It's not a layer thing as the layer is on:

image.thumb.png.5f6caf8cd6e1e8535292626c52b6d932.png

But, the label gets turned off for all the rooms.  I'll go and reselect "show room label" on the rooms and sure enough, an hour later they're gone.

Anybody have insight into this mystery?  Am I inadvertently hitting a hot key or something?

Thanks again, Jim

Apparently, if you delete a room label, the program turns off "show room label" for the room.  It looks like if you delete them using "delete objects", by checking "text", you can also turn them off for the whole floor or even all floors.

Looks like this has come up before too:

41 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

are you deleting the room labels in other saved plan views? I ask because this is a common mistake

I dunno.  I don't think so.  This would mean deleting the labels en masse, right? 

32 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

It looks like if you delete them using "delete objects", by checking "text", you can also turn them off for the whole floor or even all floors.

I've never used this tool, so I don't think it was that.

34 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Looks like this has come up before too:

Thanks for pointing me to this thread.  That's exactly it.  I'm inclined to think of this as a glitch for now.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I've also been having this happen. When I turn on room labels for a room, I generally make the text smaller and reorient where in the room the room label is...when this happens it removes all room labels for the floor and sets them back to defaults. I didn't delete anything or change the layer view objects, but I did notice this happened when I switched to the default electrical plan view and then went back to working plan view.