Panoramic Backdrops Site specific

jtcapa1

I'd like to do custom on-site client specific panoramic backdrops for each project.  But, I'm not sure what are the best settings or method for capturing a good 360 shot on-site.

Anybody do this?  Can you share your tips and tricks?

9 hours ago, jtcapa1 said:

I'd like to do custom on-site client specific panoramic backdrops for each project.  But, I'm not sure what are the best settings or method for capturing a good 360 shot on-site.

Anybody do this?  Can you share your tips and tricks?

So my best versions are done with a tripod....easier still if you have a gimbal that can do automatic shots at intervals and degrees. Takes 22 shots to do a perfect stitched pano. You will never get a true view from a house unless it is an undeveloped lot. Most of my best panos are done from the front yard, so you'll only get like 220 degrees of usable horizontal rotation of the sphere from it.
You can instead do a shot from each window and fill in pixels if you like. Up to you what the best approach is.
Alternatively you can model a site and render it out realistically as a pano. Which is what I have done on a few of my backdrops.

10 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Alternatively you can model a site and render it out realistically as a pano. Which is what I have done on a few of my backdrops.

Do you have a video showing how to do that?

Just now, jtcapa1 said:

Do you have a video showing how to do that?

simple site plan, drop some vehicles, drop some houses as symbols, build your roads, put in your trees, build your driveways and your topo, then render a 3d pano. Thats a decent amount of work just for a one-off project though...I would need to really like the client

1 minute ago, glennw said:

Is there any reason why you can't do a hand held (or tripod) Pano with an iPhone and then use the picture as a Spherical Panorama Backdrop?

You can, but he was responding to another post where I had a complete spherical pano. iPhone can do it with a stitching app, kind've.
Still the same problem where you can't truly get an accurate pano from inside of a house unless you model it or do a ton of photo fill

6 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

You can, but he was responding to another post where I had a complete spherical pano. iPhone can do it with a stitching app, kind've.

What am I missing?

My iPhone can do a complete spherical pano without a stitching app.

4 hours ago, glennw said:

What am I missing?

My iPhone can do a complete spherical pano without a stitching app.

I guess you’re missing that I don’t believe you, haha, or better yet, what am I missing?

How do you take a spherical panos on the iPhone, I would honestly love to know?

I have taken 360 panos on the iPhone and the results were underwhelming, but I only have a 12 pro max.. and for a regular pano we get a lot of clipping even with the 0.5

for context, my panos that he is referring to are downscaled to 12K to 16K and razor sharp across the whole sphere with even exposure 

Well this is good to know.  Your panos look great from inside or outside, but it is still a lot of work for little reward.

Like trying to do a maximum bench press.  Might impress a few people looking on, but less so as they call 911 when you blow out your shoulder.