alternate elevations

BruceKC

Sorry for the lengthy post, I also put this on Facebook Chief Architect Users.

We typically do a "master plan" for one of our builders, and then three or four versions. Each version is exactly the same for 99% of the plan, but the fronts are different as are the roof plans. So, basically, front walls/doors/windows and roof will change, but nothing else. Rather than have four separate plans, is there a way to put the different front walls etc. and roof plans on a separate layer and turn those layers on and off to get the different versions? That would be awesome if we could, but so far, I've had no luck trying that. Any help would be wonderful...thanks.

Converting portions of the structure to symbols may work for you. You cannot edit that version anymore though.

The left image has attic wall and roof plan converted to symbol. The roof layer and attic wall are off in that camera view. (symbol is selected)

In the right image the actual 10/12 roof line is shown and the symbol layer is off.

If you don't grab everything involved you will end up with some goofy stuff though. (gap between wall and attic wall)

This allows you to only have one plan. Referencing the alt plan versions to a master plan like Rene is showing definitely has advantages. (adjustments to one version would automatically be referenced in the main plan. Much easier than remaking symbols each time.)

symbol use.jpg

5 hours ago, BruceKC said:

Sorry for the lengthy post, I also put this on Facebook Chief Architect Users.

We typically do a "master plan" for one of our builders, and then three or four versions. Each version is exactly the same for 99% of the plan, but the fronts are different as are the roof plans. So, basically, front walls/doors/windows and roof will change, but nothing else. Rather than have four separate plans, is there a way to put the different front walls etc. and roof plans on a separate layer and turn those layers on and off to get the different versions? That would be awesome if we could, but so far, I've had no luck trying that. Any help would be wonderful...thanks.

It would be a Kludge I think?  as Chief does not allow two Walls to occupy the Same Space typically nor would walls interaction work properly when turn one Wall off by using a Layer for example.

Be happy to be proven wrong though :)  I just did a Project with a bunch of small changes theOwner want to see , which meant 5 different Option Plans

M.