Wall Tiling Materials

NeilofOZ

See attached image of wall tiling that I have done following the "capture" methodology as per their tutorial, each horizontal layer/row is a different shade to the one below, why would this happen?

I have X15, and recently installed a new graphics card to accommodate new the Ray Trace requirement. 

REGARDS, NeilofOz.   

Untitled 1.png

This is due to the tile image you are using, it is not lit consistently across the surface. To prevent 'tiling', be sure to use a seamless image. If you are taking an image from online, specify a seamless texture to get the best image. There are tools available which can help to reduce the tiling effect, this is one I've used https://www.imgonline.com.ua/eng/make-seamless-texture.php .  You can also try getting your textures from a site such as Polygon. Substance Player is a great program which includes Tile Builder that will let you create your own image file quite easily, here's a ChiefTalk thread on the topic which includes  link to download Substance Player:

4 hours ago, ericepv said:

This is due to the tile image you are using, it is not lit consistently across the surface

I think Eric maybe correct, you could try lowering the contrast of the original image ( Win 10/11 Photos ) and then reload it into the Texture in Chief.

M.