STAIN

winterdd

When it comes to framing members we can stain them any color we want. But Tongue & Groove is a texture that we choose from the library and cannot have color applied with the eyedropper. How can we make the two match?

image.thumb.png.1e54474a0adadd66521ddd948c16147e.png

By "staining" your framing members, I am guessing that you mean you can blend a color with the framing texture to make it look different.  

You can take the same color that you are blending with your framing members and blend it with your tongue and groove texture.  Unfortunately, they probably won't look exactly the same since the underlying textures are different enough that the blended color can't make them look the same.  You could just keep tweaking the color until they are close enough.

The other thing you could do is to take the tongue and groove texture into a photo editor and then remove the lines.  I don't think this would be very hard to do and then you can use this on the framing and it should match much better.

1 hour ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

framing members we can stain them any color we want

I don't know if this is the right way or not.. but what I do is create a solid and change it to a color (either paint or stain), then use the "Adjust Material Definition" (eraser looking thing with red grey and blue stripes),  I get the color blend (red, green, blue) numbers and transpose them to the item I want that color.  Go to that member you want to change color, pick the AMD (mentioned above) icon and select. Go to texture, and pick "Blend with Texture" this will highlight the color box below it.  Simple pick that color box and change the color via the red, green and blue numbers you wrote down.  Bam..

screenshot 1.png

screenshot 2.png

screenshot 3.png

screenshot 4.png

screenshot 5.png

• Upvote 1