Modify room finish schedules

winterdd

18 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

in the materials plan dbx just copy the material and change the name to whatever you want it to be then select that material instead of the standard material chief gives you.

Interesting! I will give that a try. Just to clarify, how do you open your materials plan dbx? The way I do it it won't let me copy by double clicking the space to open the box. Thanks!

If you just know the name of the material you're looking for, as it's listed in the Schedule for instance, you can also open 3D, Materials, Plan Materials to see a whole list of all materials in the plan. Sometimes easier than opening a camera view and hunting about.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

If you just know the name of the material you're looking for, as it's listed in the Schedule for instance, you can also open 3D, Materials, Plan Materials to see a whole list of all materials in the plan. Sometimes easier than opening a camera view and hunting about.

what about renaming the moldings? No builder knows what CA-34 means. I wanted to give base board & crown sizes.

Just now, ChiefUserBigRob said:

what about renaming the moldings? No builder knows what CA-34 means. I wanted to give base board & crown sizes.

it's just the name of the molding profile - find it in the Library, copy it to User Catalog, rename, replace.

• Upvote 1

This is why I love the forum, smart people helping others. I have never included the room finish schedule because I called the material out on elevations. Now I will by pass all that and add the schedules. Just like I wanted.........

image.thumb.png.765375afe0cb813d2d84d5d4610d7e4f.png