Setting building height to specific contour datum?

NewbieMichael

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

Is there a way to set the first floor to reference a datum in the imported surveyor's DWG?  For example, the contours are in meters and the plans call for setting the top of slab to 98.75.  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

This is not really a good Idea in Chief, as it much easier to work with everything Referencing Absolute 0"  which is Top of the Plywood SubFloor on Level 1. 

However you can easily show this in elevation  etc  ie with the Storeypole by Setting the Elevation Dimension Refence Height for the Subfloor so everything Starts at 98.75m on the Storypole.

Here is a Post with a Plan and PDF I made about 5 years ago about this ( for myself at the time :) )

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/17786-story-pole-relocating-the-grade-elevation/?do=findComment&comment=149858

Mick.

• Solution

If I understand you correctly.....

In the Terrain Specification dbx, set the Subfloor Height Above Terrain to 98.75m.

This will locate the house at the correct height in relation to the terrain.

The house floor heights will still reference floor 1 as zero, and under normal circumstances this should be left as is.

The Story Pole dimensions are independent of the relationship between house and terrain in that you can set the Storey Pole dimension to display any height you want.

You can have the Storey Pole dimension to reference your real world floor level (98.75m), or your top of floor 1 (zero).

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 11.39.51 am.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 11.43.03 am.jpg