Inaccurate Measurements from the program

Adunegan1218

If you look on the left hand side of this image you can see two different measurements for the same space. We had a weird issue where someone on my team pulled measurements that were super inaccurate. An when I went into the plan in chief to pull the same measurement it came up different. From the measurement that was originally pulled. How is this possible? Is this just a freak thing or am I missing something simple. I am Assuming it has something to do with scaling, or its just a bug. 

Please help, and thank you. 

-A 

Screenshot 2023-05-09 142125.jpg

It's hard to say without seeing the plan, but Dimensions in Chief don't just bug out and show random numbers. They may round a little funny when you get REALLY fine measurements, but not ~20 INCHES like we're seeing here. That's a massive difference.

My suspicion is that 79" dimension was manually overridden. Open it and check the Segments panel to see if Suppress Dimension is checked and a Leading/Trailing value was added.

image.thumb.png.6fa9a1bc486752014215673ed3b7e69d.png

• Upvote 5

I agree with TeaTime. There is 'grid rounding' but that would not account for that discrepancy.

There is a setting in preferences that may help going forward. It is 'highlight overridden dimensions'. May be good practice between multiple team members.

highlight overridden dims.JPG

• Upvote 4

Oh, the irony.  I think Chief was actually hesitant to put in the ability to override dimensions, even though people had begged for it forever, just because they were afraid of having "inaccurate" dimensions on plans. I have yet to see any inaccurate dimensions (other than some funky rounding issues as mentioned above) but I have seen lots of inaccurate plans!