Question: How to use an imported DWG as a reference?

DRyeHD

I've imported a DWG floor truss layout file to CA and would like to use it as a reference for my foundation plan.  When I reference it, it's in a different location than my plan file.  How do I move the referenced file so that it lines up with my current plan file?

I've been looking through the CA help and can't find any instructions on how to do this.  Could someone point me in the right direction.

Not sure exactly what you are doing, but if all you did was import a dwg then it is just cad and you can select it and move it around however you want.

If you are trying to reference a separate plan file using the reference display in X15, you can set the x, y, z offsets as well as the angle.

Reference Display Offset.png

1 hour ago, DRyeHD said:

When I reference it, it's in a different location than my plan file.  How do I move the referenced file so that it lines up with my current plan file?

Not sure shy you're using a Referenced File.  Why not drop the DWG information directly into the existing plan file?  This way you can simply place onto its own layer and move it around freely. 

59 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Not sure shy you're using a Referenced File.  Why not drop the DWG information directly into the existing plan file?  This way you can simply place onto its own layer and move it around freely. 

@Alaskan_Son, another good idea.  I know there's several ways to accomplish something and I appreciate the suggestion.