Edit Area Tool

winterdd

Hey guys, I have a home that has been decided on to rotate to have the front of home face the water. This would require rotating it 180 deg. It is fully designed but no electrical or framing yet. Is there any precautions or nightmares that will arise I need to know about before I proceed? I mirror homes all the time but have never had to rotate after we get it designed. Thanks

I always sooner rotate the terrain data than rotate the house. There's a lot less going on with Terrain than there is all the minutia within a Plan, even without Framing/Electrical.

Just use Rotate Plan View to set the view's orientation 180 so when they're sent to Layout they'll will be facing the right way.

If the template you're using doesn't already have a Terrain Plan view, I'd make one, make a new layer set with everything locked except Terrain stuff, makes those kinds of changes a lot easier.

7 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Just use Rotate Plan View to set the view's orientation 180 so when they're sent to Layout they'll will be facing the right way.

My advice is not to use Rotate Plan View unless you 100% are aware of what it actually does.

It rotates the drawing sheet including grids and coordinates - it doesn't rotate the plan in relation to the drawing sheet.

In this case, I would use Edit Area.

18 hours ago, glennw said:

My advice is not to use Rotate Plan View unless you 100% are aware of what it actually does.

I normally never suggest using Rotate Plan View, but at 90 and 180 degrees, it's overall affect is pretty minute. It's good to throw in a North Pointer so the plan knows how to orient things normally again, but, even then, yeah, things can get weird. I'd only use it for sending layout views otherwise you'll have to manually flip each one.

As far as Edit Area goes, I always says "Good luck". I've seen some very weird things happen using it.

But it seems to have worked fine here so, congrats!