First Major X7 Crash Today

VisualDandD

First, off, I already spoke with tech support, ...but just sharing this.

Today I went to do something I have done in previous versions without issue.   I copied an entire house using "edit area all floors visible" tool.  I then went to paste it into a terrain model I have as a template.

Chief did not like that.   Got a nasty message and it locked up on me.   Now here is where it gets weird.   I had to Ctrl alt del to end task to get out of chief.

When I opened it, both of the files I had open were wiped clean.  Nothing in them.  All floors were deleted and not a single thing in either plan.   Thankk goodness for auto save....I looked up an older version and "saved" the files.

Here is something weird......it also took out my library browser.   It was no where to be found(and it was docked at the time).   Tech support showed me how to "reset" it...which worked fine.

Long story short, I just did the process the other direction and had no issues.   I copied the smaller terrain file and pasted into the house plan.  (and aligned up my new terrain perimeter with the poly line that gets copied over).   I dont think it liked the big copy......   Just throwing this out there.   Done it a bunch of times in older versions without issue, but as is the case with models, there can always be something that is causing the quirk or large poly counts.

We really appreciate everyone who are running the beta version. Your help makes the program a lot better.

As always please report all crashes or other things that don't work correctly to our support team. The sooner we find out about these issues the quicker we can get them fixed.