Locating an item in plan...

DougDM

Maybe I was dreaming or thinking of another CAD program I use. Don't we have the ability to locate something in plan, I.E. it highlights the object/item,  Perhaps a "find" tool? I'm not referring to when you select an item it shows what layer it's on.  Thanks   

4 hours ago, DougDM said:

Maybe I was dreaming or thinking of another CAD program I use. Don't we have the ability to locate something in plan, I.E. it highlights the object/item,  Perhaps a "find" tool? I'm not referring to when you select an item it shows what layer it's on.  Thanks   

Doug,

This tool is listed in the response Chris posted and it is the tool I use when looking for something in plan.  Maybe this is what you were thinking of?  

• Click on an item in the schedule.  "Find in Plan" tool is highlighted.
  • Click on the "Find in Plan" tool and your item is highlighted in the plan.

Susan

Find object.png

Find in plan.png

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SusanC said:

Doug,

This tool is listed in the response Chris posted and it is the tool I use when looking for something in plan.  Maybe this is what you were thinking of?  

• Click on an item in the schedule.  "Find in Plan" tool is highlighted.
  • Click on the "Find in Plan" tool and your item is highlighted in the plan.

Susan

Find object.png

Find in plan.png

Ah Yes, Thank you Susan...that's it!  I new I wasn't going nuts.  Tonight perhaps I will get some sleep.  It's like you know one's name and cant' think of it till you've left the party.

Thanks again,

Doug

5 hours ago, DougDM said:

Ah Yes, Thank you Susan...that's it!  I new I wasn't going nuts.  Tonight perhaps I will get some sleep.  It's like you know one's name and cant' think of it till you've left the party.

Thanks again,

Doug

Great!  Glad that worked and no, you're not going nuts!  :)