Custom Columns

wkenddad

How do I create columns that have a stone base of one dimension and height with a post/column on top?

Such as a 18" x 18" stone base 42" tall with a 8"x 8" wooden post from the top to the Truss above.

Or even more fancy a tapered stone base with the wooden post on top?

Similar to what's in the photo below

61210-768.jpg

For the regular shaped ones use Boxes, arrange as needed and then convert to a block or symbol.

For the tapered base one use a Truncated Pyramid for the base and boxes for the regular shapes.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 1.00.12 pm.jpg

I only keep 13,14,& 15 active. I did this in 13 but the tools should be the same. The base is a poly solid. I used the pyramid, truncated and adjusted as required. You can make adjustments in plan or dbx as needed. Change material to stone - this is Eldorado - Bluff - Bodega Keep elev @ bottom at "0"  For the post I used a soffit adjusted the size as required, set floor to bottom to the height of the pier. Use point to point to centre the post on the pier. Change the material ( this is natural red oak) You can adjust grain direction etc in the material properties. Then make an architectural block or symbol or what ever suites you and add to your library. Now you can copy / paste where you want. Explode the block to modify individuals. Hope that helps

BTW you can add a cap to the pier using the same techniques.

Stone Pier.png

pier post ex 32923.png

sp1 32923.plan