Room Names Eliminated in X-15 Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Archnot-Boltz

On 3/23/2023 at 9:38 AM, Gawdzira said:

The only room names that matter: Kitchen, Ballroom, Conservatory, Billiard Room, Library, Study, Hall, Lounge and Dining Room

I swear it was Professor Plum in the Hall with the candlestick!

Personally though, I think "bowling alley" needs to be in the default rooms list.  Because reasons.

And because my dream home that I will never build will have a bowling alley.  Don't judge!

4 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

We already have Big Ass Fans in our library (i think).

This is good to hear. I grew in the days when 1984 was still fiction.

Apparently, BA bedroom w/ a Big Ass fan and even a BA bath room is acceptable language. 

The company is still in business. For now anyway. :

Snip20230331_3.png

3 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

Easier to delete than to create. Plus Chief's names have drawing intelligence built in.

I'm not sure you understand how the Room Types work Brad.  First off, the Copy and Delete buttons take the same amount of work and they're found in the same place. 

pic1.thumb.jpg.78742aa8b56d0ad339b4849b20aaeb93.jpg

The only real difference is the seconds it takes to type the desired name.  And there was nothing special about the otherwise redundant Room Types Chief removed.  Its Room Functions that have drawing intelligence built in and all those extra Room Types were nothing more than renamed copies of existing Room Types with no change to the Room Function.

pic2.thumb.jpg.55ab9b45f2779395d9a42ca29771d5ca.jpg

pic3.thumb.jpg.be75d0cf331e4376598b2daa04a399cb.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VHampton said:

This is good to hear. I grew in the days when 1984 was still fiction.

Apparently, BA bedroom w/ a Big Ass fan and even a BA bath room is acceptable language. 

The company is still in business. For now anyway. :

Snip20230331_3.png

Speaking of acceptable language and Big Ass Fans.  I remember purchasing a whole bunch of them for one of our projects back in probably 2014.  One of their models was called the "Isis" (an Egyptian goddess).  This was around the time though that the Islamic State was having a resurgence as ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria).  Next time I was ordering fans it had been cleverly renamed the "i6".

No doubt, the order received a thorough inspection prior to shipping. : )

Gotta love that someone with a sense of humor started a company with that name to begin with. 

well ...back to the coal mine. ....and thanks for showing that table option for setting room labels.

Never even knew it existed!