Spacemouse key binding

KenL-sdd

Hello All,

I'm trying to find out how @Renerabbitt creates multiple menus from binding.   Anyone who has seen his videos sees his great menu system. I'm trying to figure out how to use the modifiers to get the 2nd ring of the radial menu, It would be great. I figure it is just another menu, but I can't see how to get to it from the XML file or how to generate the modifiers. Such as the CTRL key on spacemouse with another CTRL key, if I'm understanding. I'm using the spacemouse pro. It looks like he is using the CTRL key on the mouse and a CTRL key as a modifier.

Any Ideas, I'm lost in space....

Thanks in advance!

Radial Menu.jpg

• Upvote 1

It is all upstairs my friend.

Meaning I simply remember what my modifiers do across 24 radial menus each with a 4 level stack. There is no 2nd/3rd/4th level in terms of the driver package.
You only get one radial menu level, and for that level I apply a single character hotkey n...that way, when I hold the ctrl or shift key for instance, that hotkey now becomes n+ctrl or n+shift for instance. That is also why it is important to have a really well thought out system of approach across not just chief, but any other applications you might use the system for. I use radial menus across 8 programs, the big ones being twinmotion, chrome, windows explorer, photoshop, premiere pro, blender, sketchup. All of which I have a similar mapping for which would follow an APK. 
It gets pretty complex when you start mapping it all out...I fortunately did a ton of leg work years ago when I was building a midi-based touchpad system for Chief, and the information learned in that process drives much of the success of this current system.

Previously the only difficult coding I did for 3dconnexion was to inject images for icons...but now we have that built into the driver package.
The only advanced stuff I do now is radial menus that are bound to a key universally, which takes xml editing.

On 3/19/2023 at 5:27 PM, jtcapa1 said:

But it would be nice for those of us sitting on the fence with using a space mouse if we could see a perspective where and expert is manipulating a model, using custom keys and show the screen at the same time as the hand motion.  Similar to this well done video: 3D Mouse Review

I would say that that video should be reason enough...its the same actions in Chief. Single biggest productivity tool you can buy for our line of work once you get used to it.