X14 PRO-LAYOUT- BOX BORDER AND LABEL SETTINGS FOR IMPORTED DRAWINGS

gravattedesign

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Assistance please.

How can I set imported drawings from the PLAN FILE to have NO BOX BORDER and NO LABEL when sent to Layout?? I have to turn these off with every import to layout. Settings in layout doesnt help since the Template Sheet border in LAYOUT, 0 sheet, uses LAYOUT BOX BORDERS layer for default border line work for that sheet.

Thanks for any help or insight for best practices. PIC attached of a recently imported Elevation (top Left) that illustrates the box border and Label

23-0313-LAYOUT BOUNDING BOX AND LABEL-SETTINGS.jpg

• Solution

In your layout, go into layer display options and turn off "layout box borders" and "layout box labels".

If you drew cad on your template page using the layer for "layout box borders", then put it on another layer.

There are several other ways to do this, but the above is what I think is best practice.

Also, just as an FYI, using all caps on online forums is considered yelling and generally frowned upon.

I had that problem quite a long time ago and someone on here gave me the same advice.  Thank you to whomever that was. 

In order to have that feature defaulted to not be on, I think you can open a new blank layout template and uncheck those settings then re-save that as your layout template plan. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...