layout template really messes with my head

rnmbj1906

Hello all, I have been working with a layout template that is provided by Chief and it is just kicking my butt.

Could anyone help me.  I keep trying to adjust the page numbers on the pages, but I cannot.  When I click on sheet 0 it opens the box and I can see the macro.  I just do not know how to adjust any page numbers after 0.  I don't want them to have all the same, but after page 0 they are not clickable.

Any thoughts?

image.thumb.png.3eee937c288cf7976be8c3b6eeda4cb9.pngimage.thumb.png.4bd426e236dd0a352288da3fa90a210a.png

Typically page 0 is a "Template" page.

You can have as many "Template" pages as you want.

All numbered pages need to use a Template Page and will be numbered based on the data entered in the "Edit Page Information" dbx as shown below.  The Label:

• G-# starts numbering G-1, G-2, G-3, ....
  • C-# starts numbering C-1, C-2, C-3, ....
  • A-# starts numbering A-1, A-2, A-3, ....
  • etc.

image.thumb.png.b0f2d05136e31d02e5a0377d1964822b.png  image.thumb.png.865cf3e1cfaf6b4d8e0ce0296b44ea25.png

I hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rnmbj1906 said:

sadly i cannot even find that specification box

It's the Page Edit DBX , right Click the Page in the Project Browser

and use the Layout Label and Layout Title macros instead of the page number Macro  ( %page% )

the # hashtag causes chief to auto number them in sequence...... see pics....

image.thumb.png.5c5f10a9a892ac985393b7ee17d3c253.png  image.thumb.png.88a4104da718da75c94130e545f3aa9b.png

image.thumb.png.8f8140c62972e26c152e522e23499b11.png  image.thumb.png.4e86d659415209c6c38ac532c89ad119.png

M.

I have managed to delete the macro, but no success on actually creating page numbers.  I am being extremely dense about this and I am sure it is something simple.  I have tried looking for videos with no luck.  I would manually alter every page if I could after page 0, but it will not allow me to open anything on that border after page 0.

Look at my pics above........

1. On Page 0   Change the macro to   %layout.label%

2. On each Page Edit the Information    and add        A.#    ( on the Label Line, see pic )

and you should see A.1 , A.2 , A.3 etc.....

The A and . (dot) can be any letter you want,  the dot is not needed,  or could be a dash etc etc

the # is needed for auto sequential numbering

%layout.title%     I use to Auto Populate the Page Information ie As-Built Plans in the Pic above

%layout.comments%    I use to Auto Populate the Page Scale Information in Markers etc.

Mick.

Okay just hit me over the head.  I finally figured it out thanks to you guys.  I feel very foolish.  That was so incredibly simple.  Every problem is simple in chief, but I keep trying too hard and forget there is a right side to my screen.

14 minutes ago, rnmbj1906 said:

Okay just hit me over the head.  I finally figured it out thanks to you guys.  I feel very foolish.  That was so incredibly simple.  Every problem is simple in chief, but I keep trying too hard and forget there is a right side to my screen.

Happy to help , don't forget to save it as you Default template once done , so you NEVER have to do it again too :) 

M.

1 minute ago, rnmbj1906 said:

I looked at the layout sheets and my cad details all went crazy.

Adding Page Numbers should not effect what's on the Pages themselves ?

Pics may help  as "my cad details all went crazy " isn't going to help anyone trying to help you   :) 

M.