Client Info macro in layout template in X15 not populating

Elliot

I just started using X15.  After finishing a drawing I opened  a new layout from my previous layout template.  On page 0 of the layout, if I right click on the box where the client information goes, and open it, the macro is all there.  But when I move forward to page 1, the macro does not populate with the client info from the data I put on the project file. So do i need to add the client information to the layout file also?  

Client and Designer Info macros placed on Layout Page 0 (This is a Layout Template Page) will show on any page that uses that Layout Template Page.

If you have more than 1 Layout Template Page you will need to put those macros on each of them.  

You don't need to - and probably shouldn't - add the macros to non-template pages.

I don't use the Info macros in the plan files - just the layout.

1 hour ago, Elliot said:

I just started using X15.  After finishing a drawing I opened  a new layout from my previous layout template.  On page 0 of the layout, if I right click on the box where the client information goes, and open it, the macro is all there.  But when I move forward to page 1, the macro does not populate with the client info from the data I put on the project file. So do i need to add the client information to the layout file also?  

From the part I bolded, it seems you're wanting the layout to pull client info from the plan file. If so, it won't do that. 

So yes, for the macro in layout to pull the client info, you have to enter it in the layout file. That's the same now (X15) as it was in X14.

Generally, people don't often enter the client info in the plan file because it usually doesn't get used there, and it doesn't populate from plan to layout and vice versa.

X15 introduced a new feature where Client info can be stored in global Preferences and thereby accessed for all new plan and layout files, but it seems that would only be useful if you are making new plans for a regular client often. In that case I would just create a custom template for that client, but perhaps others are aware of another use for this feature.

• 2 weeks later...