marlem2000

oSLaB5.jpgv3JUyd.jpg

Hallo!:)

I'm working with ceiliing planes but I need to make a hole to set the curtains and I don't know how to do it. I have tryed to make the hole with a polyline and, then,  turn it into a "hole in ceiling platform". Have tryed with the "hole in the roof" too but I can't manage to get what I'm looking for. :unsure:In fact, I don't know if I need to work on the roof of the room or in the floor of the room above.:wacko:

The right thing would be to make the hole  all around the room (on the ceiling plane, of course). I think it would look more aesthetic.:)

Many thanks in advance!

23 minutes ago, robdyck said:

There is no visible difference after exploding. Then click on the ceiling near the inside of the wall. You may need to press 'tab' 1 or more times to select the ceiling. If you post that plan, more specific help can be offered.

Thanks for the help, Robert.:) I'm getting problems to upload stuff to the forum. I don't know why. I've tryed to attach the plan. I don't know if it will work.:unsure:

ceiling.zip

Yes, it looks like you have a great start! However I misspoke earlier and instead of breaking the ceiling plane, a ceiling hole should be created instead. You can copy the existing ceiling hole selecting the inner line and pressing tab 3 times (watch the bottom of the screen to see what has been copied). Copy that poly line and then move and shape it to the edge of the room. Sorry for sending you down the wrong path earlier!

image.thumb.png.444314333d7ecf84689c9e09431ec810.png

22 hours ago, robdyck said:

Yes, it looks like you have a great start! However I misspoke earlier and instead of breaking the ceiling plane, a ceiling hole should be created instead. You can copy the existing ceiling hole selecting the inner line and pressing tab 3 times (watch the bottom of the screen to see what has been copied). Copy that poly line and then move and shape it to the edge of the room. Sorry for sending you down the wrong path earlier!

No problem, Robert.:D I think now I get an idea about how to make holes in ceilings. I just need to practize.:)

Untitled 1.jpg