Floor Up/Down... Up only?

tds_cc

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Hi Everyone, I'm having trouble with not having the down arrow display on my tool palette. I'm able to use the hot keys as a workaround, but it would be ideal to have the visual button there to click on. See a screenshot below. Thanks!!

image.thumb.png.e867a1ff3d37887d8fa4ef8343757e61.png

33 minutes ago, solver said:

Grab the 3 vertical dots just left of the one and drag that toolbar down into the drawing area and let it float there.

What happens?

Same thing. I just get the small window with only the up arrow.

14 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Are you on Floor Level 0 ?

I am working on Floor Level 0, but still can only go up

• Solution

I don't think it matters what floor you are on and what floors are below.  That only affects whether or not the floor down button is enabled, not whether it is displayed.

I don't think your button is being hidden by another toolbar.  You should see a little arrow/flag symbol on your toolbars if all of the tools are not being shown.  I assume this is the same on the mac but I don't really know for sure.

I think you probably accidently removed the floor down button.  You could try going into "customize toolbars" and adding the "down one floor" tool back.

Also, you can delete your other thread on the other forum.

10 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

I don't think it matters what floor you are on and what floors are below.  That only affects whether or not the floor down button is enabled, not whether it is displayed.

I don't think your button is being hidden by another toolbar.  You should see a little arrow/flag symbol on your toolbars if all of the tools are not being shown.  I assume this is the same on the mac but I don't really know for sure.

I think you probably accidently removed the floor down button.  You could try going into "customize toolbars" and adding the "down one floor" tool back.

Also, you can delete your other thread on the other forum.

Ah. Yes, you have to drag in the icons up from the customize toolbars menu on a mac... Thank you!! 

image.thumb.png.24d677237c616b8657c35e6313fe847d.png

Other thread is deleted. I apologize for the mess! 

So a couple of things that I can see in your new picture...

- The toolbar to the left now has a double arrow (>>) symbol which I think means that you currently have some buttons that are hidden.  I think this can happen if you push toolbars together and they overlap.

- In the default toolbar configuration, the floor down button is to the left of the floor number.  You can lay them out however you like, but that's just wrong.  ;)

- The 3 dots show you that you have placed the floor down button into it's own toolbar (as well as the display reference button).  You may want to group them all in the same toolbar so that if you move them around they will stay together.

- You already have the display reference button on the right side of the screen so you probably don't need it in two places.   

If it's not obvious, I can get a little bit OCD about my own toolbars.

• Like 1