The year is 2023... starting the new year fresh.

WoodGrain

1. Fresh Windows install:
    • few clicks
    • drank a cup of coffee while installing
  2. Update OS:
    • few clicks
    • drank another cup of joe while updating
  3. Install Chief Premier X14:
    • few clicks
    • went to restroom while installing
  4. Install bonus catalogs:
    • few hundred clicks
    • 1.5 hours clicking on each download icon and carefully selecting the X14 version
    • tracking my progress with a greasy left hand pointer finger on the surface of my flatscreen monitor
    • progressing one item at a time
    • losing my place a couple of times along the way and backtracking until I don't get a bonusitem(1) type filename
    • come to forum, see same thing being discussed back in 2014

good-times.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WoodGrain said:
  • few hundred clicks
  • 1.5 hours clicking on each download icon and carefully selecting the X14 version
  • tracking my progress with a greasy left hand pointer finger on the surface of my flatscreen monitor
  • progressing one item at a time
  • losing my place a couple of times along the way and backtracking until I don't get a bonusitem(1) type filename
  • come to forum, see same thing being discussed back in 201

next time just copy the catalogs from the old machine, dump in, and hit update catalogs...easy peasy

• Like 1

Well I like to have all the catalogs (except cabinets which I keep limited to 6 or 7 brands for several reasons) because you never know what you may need, or more specifically you never know what you can resize, add to, overlay, delete surface from and repurpose into something close enough to the actual object when what you need isn't in the catalogs.  And it is super annoying having to download them all like this anytime I build a new machine, and even worse when I'm using a different machine my wife or our assistant set up that is missing something and I have to dig through all the catalogs to see what they are missing or go to one of my machines and see which catalog whatever texture/object is from.