Truck Wells

mcrump

I'm designing a chemical plant that has two sunken loading docks on each side of the building. Each dock will support two semi trucks. Truck wells wide enough for two trucks are normally 48" deep, 24' wide and an 80' long flat concrete surface before sloping up to the street. This length allows the trailer to dock perpendicular to the loading dock wall. Is this even possible?

Has anyone ever tried to depict a flat, then sloped depression in a terrain? Would I be better off building the terrain out of a primitive and subtracting other primitive shapes from it?

Understand this is for illustrative purposes only. I plan to export the model into Lumion and render a fly over animation for the client. Using X7 beta by the way.

I don't have a step by step answer, but 1. Hole in terrain, 2. Block foundation wall, 3. Cross section view to create polyline solid for the ramp. The guardrail is required and is a fence. The slab is just a slab drive. There is a sump at the bottom (not shown exactly). There are design guides for truck wells online. The actual project has a leveler installed that I did not do for the graphic.