Framing reference zero

GeneDavis

4 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

What's the parent object of a roof plane?  What is the parent object of a wall?  Is it the building?

Just guessing from the wording of the ref manual that the parent object for the framing of a wall is the wall. Similar with roof planes.

Ok so I drew a rectangular plan for a building with non-modular L x W.  See the attached screencap.  

I first drew it by locating 0,0 with a temp point, and the point is shown at up left.  I framed the top long wall and measured and the 2' layout was based on the zero.

I then moved the building to the R away from 0,0, framed the wall again, and it behaved as expected.  Then I set a framing marker at up L on the plan and reframed the wall, and of course got the expected result.

But the roof, WTF?  Wanting a symmetrical rafter layout, I placed a second framing ref marker at ridge center.  Shown in the pic.  Then framed, and Chief paid no attention to the marker.  I removed the marker an the rafter layout was the same after reframing.  And that rafter layout has no relationship to the zero on the building corner the wall used.

So how does one autoframe roofs and control layout using a framing ref marker?

Screenshot 2023-01-07 103612.jpg