transom window above bay window

eubankz

Hello and thank you for looking into a simpler solution for my dilemma. It does not seem to be possible to put a transom window above a bay window. Chief creates a gap in the wall where it is impossible to place a window above. I've come up with 2 possible workarounds. #1 Put the transom window on the 2nd floor and adjust the height so it appears on the first floor in 3D. This makes the floor plan confusing and ruins the window schedule. #2. Convert the bay window to a symbol. Place a "pass-through" in the opening. This is what I did in the attached floor plan. The problem here is that once the bay window is a symbol, it cannot be modified later. There must be a simpler way to have a transom window above a bay window. I'm on Chief Architect Premier X14.

bay window photo.jpg

bay window.PNG

4 hours ago, eubankz said:

Hello and thank you for looking into a simpler solution for my dilemma. It does not seem to be possible to put a transom window above a bay window. Chief creates a gap in the wall where it is impossible to place a window above. I've come up with 2 possible workarounds. #1 Put the transom window on the 2nd floor and adjust the height so it appears on the first floor in 3D. This makes the floor plan confusing and ruins the window schedule. #2. Convert the bay window to a symbol. Place a "pass-through" in the opening. This is what I did in the attached floor plan. The problem here is that once the bay window is a symbol, it cannot be modified later. There must be a simpler way to have a transom window above a bay window. I'm on Chief Architect Premier X14.

bay window photo.jpg

bay window.PNG

That looks like what Chief calls a garden window in its core library.  If that works for you then you should be able to place the transom window fine.