Wall through roof plane

TriDiWorx

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Hello,

How would one go about doing this part on the picture?

Can I make a cut out from the roof plane and show a wall with siding in it?

I do not have a plan yet started for this project, but I need to recreate this house in Chief and make drawings.

Started thinking about it and cannot imagine how to show this wall through a roof plane. It is not exactly a dormer. The two most vertical sides of the roof are also at a small degree. One side of the house is like on the picture and on the other side there are windows inside the metal sheeted roof without this wooden siding cut out.

Any tools that can make this or suggestions?

Is it easily doable in a model or it is faster to just draw this wall part with windows in 2D? I don't actually need the whole model just 2D drawings.

Snag_3a3b36d3.png

• Solution
5 hours ago, TriDiWorx said:

How would one go about doing this part on the picture?

Can I make a cut out from the roof plane and show a wall with siding in it?

I do not have a plan yet started for this project, but I need to recreate this house in Chief and make drawings.

Started thinking about it and cannot imagine how to show this wall through a roof plane. It is not exactly a dormer.

No, it's not a Dormer as you mentioned I believe, just the second Story Wall inset say 400-600mm from the Wall below, with a "notch" cut in the lower Roof Plane to expose it.  Mansard roofs are always a bunch of Manual Work in CA but do-able ( start Auto and then move the two planes as needed ) especially this one which seemed easier than one with true Dormers, which CA tends to have Issues with joining the Interior Walls in my experience, but here the Walls are not Cut but bumped against the Roof Framing.

image.thumb.png.a7e07d9267b88170526edc6f678c8bf8.png           image.thumb.png.d0dd36fa6f13f8e1e41648e293dcdcde.png    image.thumb.png.a5df8c9c116db22c3642cab5c59a2d0c.png   image.thumb.png.70eca5ebb4341a5548bcdc0fa201f18a.png

Mick.

13 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

No, it's not a Dormer as you mentioned I believe, just the second Story Wall inset say 400-600mm from the Wall below, with a "notch" cut in the lower Roof Plane to expose it.  Mansard roofs are always a bunch of Manual Work in CA but do-able ( start Auto and then move the two planes as needed ) especially this one which seemed easier than one with true Dormers, which CA tends to have Issues with joining the Interior Walls in my experience, but here the Walls are not Cut but bumped against the Roof Framing.

image.thumb.png.a7e07d9267b88170526edc6f678c8bf8.png           image.thumb.png.d0dd36fa6f13f8e1e41648e293dcdcde.png    image.thumb.png.a5df8c9c116db22c3642cab5c59a2d0c.png   image.thumb.png.70eca5ebb4341a5548bcdc0fa201f18a.png

Mick.

Ok. Thanks. This seems what I need. I have not played with mansards in CA yet. And definitely not with this kind of roof cut-out.