Library Browser works only in Administrator

pgdennis

Odd question.  I am using CA9 in a school.  The library browser core catalogs are up to date. I can search and find items while the computer is in the Administrator profile.  When in a second profile meant for students, the library browser is tinted blue and refuses to find items. It works on another computer with the same profile and also worked on this computer/profile at one time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CA9.  I have reset side windows to no avail.

Blue non working Library Browser.png

Working white colored Library Browser.png

44 minutes ago, pgdennis said:

Odd question.  I am using CA9 in a school.  The library browser core catalogs are up to date. I can search and find items while the computer is in the Administrator profile.  When in a second profile meant for students, the library browser is tinted blue and refuses to find items. It works on another computer with the same profile and also worked on this computer/profile at one time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CA9.  I have reset side windows to no avail.

Blue non working Library Browser.png

Working white colored Library Browser.png

You have a filter set which is not allowing you to see anything that does not fall into those filtered results.  Click the dropdown arrow for the Filters box.

image.thumb.png.a33444f2ce9b1378b8e68f0ab570b072.png

Thank you for your feedback.

I am the Teacher.

I installed for all users.

I have Administrator Profile and one additional admin rights profile that the students use. This is the profile that is not letting library work.

The folder location is identical al working profiles and computers.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again. I deleted all app data including the library folder. To no avail.

Weirdly it shows 44 results when I mouse over the search bar, but they do not show.

I may have to migrate it to another computer :)

44 results no see.png

7 minutes ago, pgdennis said:

it shows 44 results when I mouse over the search bar, but they do not show.

1.) Turn off the filter.

2.) Make sure your bottom window is not minimized at the bottom.  

16 hours ago, rgardner said:

You have a filter set which is not allowing you to see anything that does not fall into those filtered results.  Click the dropdown arrow for the Filters box.

Key is that you have a filter setup in that profile.

You could try switching to "not filtered" instead of a filter with nothing hidden.

It looks like you are missing one of the library browser panes (there should be 3 instead of 2).  If you use "reset side windows" in your preferences, it should restore the browser.

Also, if you are still having problems, I think tech support might be a good option.

3 hours ago, pgdennis said:

Again thank you so much for your feedback!

Could you verify for my in the attached picture that indeed the windows are not minimized and there is no filter set?

Looks like no filter.png

This photo shows exactly what I was saying above:

20 hours ago, rgardner said:

You are using a filter with nothing selected to show so you are getting the filtered results of nothing.

You need it to say Not Filtered where it currently says Active Filter.

image.thumb.png.3202b92dfeae1f59c57462eca877fdec.png

Change that and get your library back.

Yeeeessssss!!! Success!! Thank you all.  Thank you rgardner for mentioning the window being minimised. And thank you solver for the video to find it!  LOL this solution will be appreciated at the other 4 schools in my district using CA.  LOL if middle schoolers can find a way to booger up a window or a menu bar.. they will!  Chase OVER