Hatch Pattern Linestyle by Layer

JKEdmo

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

Does Chief allow for the pattern / hatching linestyle property to be set to "by layer"?  (My frame of reference is Autocad, which allows this).

I'm working on a demo plan and I'd like to show my 3-tab asphalt roofing pattern as fine dashed (roofing to be removed).

I was able to change the polyline boundary linestyle, but it appears to me that the hatch linework itself is "fixed" and cannot be changed.

Thanks again, Jim

image.thumb.png.ee183429a84ff3de3c2540f04a88db15.png

12 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

that is simply a pattern file and you are referring to the fill, you could make your own pattern file with hatching and import it through the file menu

Thanks Rene for the quick reply.  I guess the answer is no for the linetype bylayer option.

Jim

2 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

Thanks Rene for the quick reply.  I guess the answer is no for the linetype bylayer option.

Jim

no not possible for a fill, you can always convert a vew to CAD and then change the individual cad line styles by layer and block them to add to your library.

35 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

Jim

Not possible to do but you can try adding a polyline mask over it with a white angled hatch line with transparent background.  It will make the lines look dashed as long as it is in the draw order above the hatching.

image.thumb.png.5445c6a55a4e6e989ae85c13d670f3f5.png

• Solution
1 minute ago, JKEdmo said:

I think I figured out a pretty good workaround.  I overlaid a new hatch pattern on top of the 3-tab pattern and defined with thick white pattern lines and no fill.  This seems to achieve the goal.

image.thumb.png.ea87636181f5e418d787033dacc32f77.png

Funny, I was just showing you that workaround when you posted.

Just now, rgardner said:

Funny, I was just showing you that workaround when you posted.

Thanks both of you.  Ha -  I patted myself on the shoulder that I figured it out.

BTW, I appreciate everyone's patience as I'm coming from the Autocad world and I'm 54 years old.  Fun yet frustrating learning new software!

Jim

• Like 1