Does A Graphics Card Affect Image Quality (When Sending To Layout)?

M3taMorpHous3

Hi all,

I'd like to know if a higher-quality graphics card would improve the quality of images I send to the layout file?

I'm primarily referring to "standard" & "vector" images rather than ray traces since the latter take so long to generate.

Basically I'm looking at ways to improve the quality of my presentation drawings so any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers, Nathan

Short answer, yes.  The graphics card determines the quality, and speed rendered, of all camera views and most output but ray trace.  The GPU manufacturer usually publishes how many lights a card is capable of rendering in Open GL.  Most mid-range cards will render eight lights.

jon

For vector views sent to layout the graphics card has nothing to do with the quality. We have a custom algorithm for converting the 3D drawing into a line drawing that doesn't use the video card. Although in theory we could use the video card to speed it up, but that should also in theory have no effect on the resulting quality.

Possibly the biggest need with quality is to have a high resolution output, which can be achieved in X7 using the Export Picture option.