X-14 many color textures missing

PIR-Designs

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

I recently downloaded X-14. Normally when I'm going to assign a color to a cabinet or whatever, I can type in the color in the library materials, and I see lots of options. Sometimes the color is related to a tile, which of course, I cannot use on a cabinet. But when I do a simple as search such as "brown", I'm seeing these little "caution" signs that say texture is missing. Never seen that on any other version. I tried updating catalogs, etc. But the photo below is what I'm seeing. Is there something else I need to do to make these colors show up in the search browser?

Thank you.

Lauren

Missing textures X-14.jpg

• Solution

You probably need to update the Cactus Stone catalog. That 'Drfit' folder no longer exists.

Also, you'll need to replace that material in any plan using it, or simply assign a texture file. You can do this by copying the file path from a similar material.

That particular material should be in a different folder...see image below.

image.thumb.png.a43edbfaeb326065d43b58d828976529.png

46 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Try deleting bad folders and redownload the X14 Libraries,  my guess would be you have deleted some folders

eg old Versions' Data Folders and chief can no longer find them.

Mick.

Hi Mick,

I've never deleted any folder in CA. I'm not sure how to find specific folders that contain all of these. They were things that came with the original core catalogs. So if I start deleting folders that may contain these "colors with texture" I might end up deleting something I shouldn't. But thank you so much for your response. Greatly appreciated. 

Lauren

3 hours ago, robdyck said:

You probably need to update the Cactus Stone catalog. That 'Drfit' folder no longer exists.

Also, you'll need to replace that material in any plan using it, or simply assign a texture file. You can do this by copying the file path from a similar material.

I have no idea what the Cactus Stone catalog is. I don't recall downloading that in previous versions. I'll check with support for a solution that might not involve me jacking up something I shouldn't. LOL! Thank you for your response. Really appreciated. 

3 hours ago, robdyck said:

I just went and looked at the colors again, I see that you were referring to the manufacturer that had that color I had clicked on. So it must have been something downloaded, like you said. But I can't delete it while it's in the search area. Even after we install catalogs, are they still being accessed though the folder on our computers from where they were downloaded? I mean, where would I delete these from? And if I do, I won't be able to access them if I use an older version, right?

26 minutes ago, PIR-Designs said:

I just went and looked at the colors again, I see that you were referring to the manufacturer that had that color I had clicked on. So it must have been something downloaded, like you said. But I can't delete it while it's in the search area. Even after we install catalogs, are they still being accessed though the folder on our computers from where they were downloaded? I mean, where would I delete these from? And if I do, I won't be able to access them if I use an older version, right?

Just right Click the Catalog in the Library and >Delete Catalog

image.thumb.png.07fcf253fadc3a36035f740701526641.png

22 hours ago, robdyck said:

THAT WAS IT! YAY! So what I figured out that happened was that this time when I downloaded and installed X14, I put it in a different location on a different drive. It was trying to find stuff that was on my old versions on the C drive. So I went to the Cactus Stone location for X11, then while in X14, I "imported" the X11 Cactus Stone catalog... IT WORKED! Brilliant! Thanks S0 much!