Exterior Material/Manufacturer

Looks like Painted Trim.  Whether it is a primed whitewood, hardi trim or LP Smartside trim would be up to the designer to specify.   Flat portion most likely is a hardi or smartside non textured soffit material.  All site caulked & painted.

24 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Looks like Painted Trim.  Whether it is a primed whitewood, hardi trim or LP Smartside trim would be up to the designer to specify.   Flat portion most likely is a hardi or smartside non textured soffit material.  All site caulked & painted.

Thank you! So how do you think they achieved the recessed part of it? 

11 minutes ago, AndrewSopher said:

Thank you! So how do you think they achieved the recessed part of it? 

Most likely they used the smooth (some may use textured) "soffit" material on the face and then built up from there around it with the trim, added necessary flashings, caulking and paint...  Pretty standard stuff really.

36 minutes ago, solver said:

How could anyone know this?

I'd be asking a local quality builder as various materials might be used an many will be specific to your region and how things get built.

I am simply asking for a guess. I had my guess so I was hoping to get some more input. No need to be rude about it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Most likely they used the smooth (some may use textured) "soffit" material on the face and then built up from there around it with the trim, added necessary flashings, caulking and paint...  Pretty standard stuff really.

Thanks so much!