Driveway Curb Cuts - not working for me

Joe_Carrick

I have created a terrain with a road, sidewalk and a driveway.  I want the driveway to have a wider width at the road than at the sidewalk, not a radiused flare.

• I can't get this driveway to cut the curb (road dbx says "Cut Curb at Driveway")
  • There's no dbx setting for an angled apron for the driveway at the road 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Driveway Apron.JPG

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I have created a terrain with a road, sidewalk and a driveway.  I want the driveway to have a wider width at the road than at the sidewalk, not a radiused flare.

• I can't get this driveway to cut the curb (road dbx says "Cut Curb at Driveway")
  • There's no dbx setting for an angled apron for the driveway at the road 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Driveway Apron.JPG

Looks like polyline driveways will not cut curb or trim to road:

image.thumb.png.d4013d5537a25932db87dc547f425074.png

But placing a 1" long standard driveway at the width of the overall cut of the polyline driveway seems to get your results (although you will need to place some extra terrain info to get it to slope down to the height of the road (6" lower by default oob for the road tool).

image.thumb.png.8a1f083ead08b4481ba886edb41c2aa1.png

Ryan,

So I think this classifies as a bug and will report it.  I do find there's a lot of difficulty making driveways match the slope of the road they connect to.  Terrain object should fit the terrain.

It also seems that a wide driveway (30' in my case) doesn't cut the curb correctly when the road slopes about 2'.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Ryan,

So I think this classifies as a bug and will report it.  I do find there's a lot of difficulty making driveways match the slope of the road they connect to.  Terrain object should fit the terrain.

It also seems that a wide driveway (30' in my case) doesn't cut the curb correctly when the road slopes about 2'.

Correct and I think that it is the lack of cutting curb that is not allowing it to slope correctly as a regular and spline driveway appear to work properly.  Honestly I noticed this issue once before so I think it has been an issue but I of course was under a gun in that case and it was a very unique difficult terrain to model so I was thinking it was possibly a conflicting terrain issue as there was so much information on that job.  So I did not report that one.  It very well may be an x14 issue though because previous versions this wasn't presenting as it does in x14.

image.thumb.png.b6a1bd5054bb06a74700bc3d52f02c48.png

X14 version after making some adjustments

Just now, rgardner said:

Correct and I think that it is the lack of cutting curb that is not allowing it to slope correctly as a regular and spline driveway appear to work properly.  Honestly I noticed this issue once before so I think it has been an issue but I of course was under a gun in that case and it was a very unique difficult terrain to model so I was thinking it was possibly a conflicting terrain issue as there was so much information on that job.  So I did not report that one.  It very well may be an x14 issue though because previous versions this wasn't presenting as it does in x14.

image.thumb.png.b6a1bd5054bb06a74700bc3d52f02c48.png

X14 version after making some adjustments

image.thumb.png.a2d9de7abbeddd32e57c81d056231383.png

X13 Version where it was cutting the curb but not perfectly either.

Since this was a clients project and had so many different people in the files I didn't think it was worth reporting or sending in as there was a high likelihood that it was conflicting terrain info in the plan file.  It worked as it was in X14 for concept design to show the AHJ but thinking back this could be the issue from the beginning.