Selecting objects

TriDiWorx

Go to solution Solved by GeneDavis,

Hey,

This is probably very weird and beginner question, but I just cannot find if there is a setting for it and if this change came with x14 or I did something.

If I draw selection box on multiple objects partially then it will not select those two objects. I think Chief behaved differently in x13.

I now have to draw selection box to include entire objects for it to select them. In most cases this is so uncomfortable for me.

Is there a setting to change so that I don't have to draw this selection box to include objects in full, but partially? 

On the picture there is what I mean. It is not marquee similar tool it is normal selection.

Snag_2cc0839d.thumb.png.e7c394f634ab7b6f9d2e6916b1a71809.png

• Solution

It's a toggle, and you might want to add the three buttons to your toolbar, as most need to swap and change depending on situation, and it's too tedious to make the change going to Edit>Preferences>Marquee Selection . . . 

See the attached for all three added to the toolbar:  Contained, Intersected, and Centers.682998621_2022-06-2708_05_25-Window.png.f04fdfd5e257e07bf5d5638443fe6395.png

• Upvote 2

On 6/27/2022 at 3:06 PM, GeneDavis said:

It's a toggle, and you might want to add the three buttons to your toolbar, as most need to swap and change depending on situation, and it's too tedious to make the change going to Edit>Preferences>Marquee Selection . . . 

See the attached for all three added to the toolbar:  Contained, Intersected, and Centers.682998621_2022-06-2708_05_25-Window.png.f04fdfd5e257e07bf5d5638443fe6395.png

Thanks!

Not sure why, but I did not know about these toggles. Basic, but good to know!

1 hour ago, Michael_Gia said:

still waiting for:

left click and drag = select contained 

right click and drag = select intersected

or vise versa

or shift click?

Whatever, but this needs to be fixed.

You know how it works in Sketchup, right?  Make your box by dragging from top right, it's select contained.  From bottom right, intersected.  I have suggested this.  The box lines are solid for contained, dashed for intersected.  Easy and convenient.

• Upvote 1