X13 works fine, but X14 keeps freezing and crashing - why?

D1Builders

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

I have a ticket into chief, but there of the units I've had to upgrade this week for my company are experiencing the same problem.  X13 works fine, but x14 is slow and crashes.  I was under the impression the systems were the same just updated one from the other.

I'm not sure it's related, but two of the three experience the issue when the 'time tracker' notification pops up.

• Upvote 1

• Solution

Try turning off "Display Idle Timeout Dialog" in Preferences and see if that works for two of the units.

If it does let us and tech support know and they might get it fixed faster.

14 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Try turning off "Display Idle Timeout Dialog" in Preferences and see if that works for two of the units.

We are giving it a go.  I'll keep you posted.

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

So we gave it a try on one PC and it stopped the crashing.  Chief still has an 'odd delay' but at least the software stays open for the user.  I notified Chief of the issue.  I hope there is a true fix to the problem soon.

Check your AV software to make sure it "exempts" Chief X14.

Also check to see if there's anything showing on the Taskbar that might be hidden beneath Chief.  Sometimes there's another app that needs to be brought forward and closed before Chief can receive any input.