3d viewer in dropbox

Thewoodmaster

I'm new to 3d viewer, and I figured out how to share the files from the cloud account, but when i open the 3d viewer it shows a link to dropbox, which i use to store all my plan files to easily switch between laptop and desktop, but I can't figure out a way to put a 3d viewer file on dropbox to share, and if there isn't a way to do it, why does the 3d viewer even have an option to link to my dropbox? 

Are you referring to the Chief Online 3D Viewer or the Client 3D Viewer (App) ?

the Chief Online 3D Viewer should be storing file in your Chief Account , and the link shared to Clients from there.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03068/viewing-managing-and-sharing-3d-viewer-models.html

Also please do your Forum Signature as some Answers are Version Specific thanks,

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Are you referring to the Chief Online 3D Viewer or the Client 3D Viewer (App) ?

the Chief Online 3D Viewer should be storing file in your Chief Account , and the link shared to Clients from there.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03068/viewing-managing-and-sharing-3d-viewer-models.html

Also please do your Forum Signature as some Answers are Version Specific thanks,

The Client 3D Viewer Android App- when I installed the client 3D Viewer App on my android tablet (Samsung Tab S8+), it wanted to link to my Drop Box with a giant blue Drop Box link on the left of the screen (which I did, that is actually where I store my plan files),  Is there a way to put the 3d viewer files on there (Drop Box) as well?  My tablet doesn't always have internet to connect to the chief cloud.  I don't want to ask clients to connect to their internet because that seems presumptuous.  Not all of my clients are tech savvy,  so I would like to be able to show the 3d files on my tablet to clients without connecting to the internet.  This would be possible if they were in my Drop Box as available offline.  It seems like there should be a way to do this, or download the 3D files to be available offline, since the 3D viewer wanted to link to my drop box when I installed it.   

Not sure exactly what is going on with your Drop Box.   Many inquiries and requests have been made to make the 3D viewer more accessible but I think the only way to make it work is to load the model while you have wi-fi access and then it can be viewed if left open if you loose wi-fi.

Still not very convenient and very hard on battery life.  There are other options but none as quick as the Chief 3D viewer.  360° Panoramas can be exported and viewed with a 3rd party app.

27 minutes ago, Thewoodmaster said:

The Client 3D Viewer Android App- when I installed the client 3D Viewer App on my android tablet (Samsung Tab S8+), it wanted to link to my Drop Box with a giant blue Drop Box link on the left of the screen (which I did, that is actually where I store my plan files),  Is there a way to put the 3d viewer files on there (Drop Box) as well?  My tablet doesn't always have internet to connect to the chief cloud.  I don't want to ask clients to connect to their internet because that seems presumptuous.  Not all of my clients are tech savvy,  so I would like to be able to show the 3d files on my tablet to clients without connecting to the internet.  This would be possible if they were in my Drop Box as available offline.  It seems like there should be a way to do this, or download the 3D files to be available offline, since the 3D viewer wanted to link to my drop box when I installed it.   

* thanks for doing your Sig. but there is no need to include your Phone number or direct Email here, and it may lead to "Google Services" trying to tap you.

This might be one you need to call HQ on........ I don't have an Android or Apple Tablet to try those Apps with but I am not sure that Chief's 3D Viewer Files are able to be stored locally.  Something to ask TS about perhaps? but you may need to use your laptop instead with a locally stored copy of the plan ( I make a save as version for meeting only so if something breaks it doesn't matter).

Most (?) Routers these days have a built in "Guest Network" option just for visitors to the Home to use, but as you say not all clients are that tech savvy, but no internet can definitely be an issue.

M.