Lose unwanted stairs surface element

GeneDavis

I've a staircase rising to a landing then making a 90 turn and a short section with two treads going to the target second floor.  The surface that is the bottom tread riser of the short section is poking through the thin landing, and I would like to lose it.

See the images.  My house model is in excess of 50MB and way to big to attach, so I did a simple workout plan with the same stairs geometry to show the issue, and it is attached.  It is the "ghost riser" surface I have going through.  It is a single surface and so does not render in 3D, but is evident in vector and 3D vector views.  How can it get its bottom edge dragged up into the landing?1169809860_Loftview.thumb.jpg.e33f80cb6af6e491f9bc532ffb9081a2.jpg 

2022-06-09 10_16_50-Window.png

2022-06-09 10_18_36-Window.png

Stairs workout.plan

No.  The landing must be thin.  

I have a workaround.  Just thought of it and tried it in the test file.  Make the material for the upper stair section's risers as "opening - no material" and it's gone.  No projection down through.  Then take a section, do CAD detail from view, and make the closed p'line for the 3D solid that gets placed correctly so the surfaces are all there where wanted.

See the attached.  I left the solid as concrete material so it can be distinguished from the stair parts.

2022-06-09 11_20_32-Window.png

The actual build requires steel to support the loft, landing, and staircase.  You can see in these images, taken from my Sketchup workout, how it's done.  A W12x16 beam has two smaller WF beams hung and cantilevering to support the loft's "pulpit" top stairs landing, and the stairs are enabled with some 5" channels.  The thin landing is framed with 1.5" square tubing to which is bolted 2x2 lumber parts, so as to have nailing for the wood buildup.

The reason I did the two-tread upper run of stairs as stairs and not landings, is because with stairs, I could do the panel railing, the panel type being cable.

2022-06-07 12_17_06-Window.png

2022-06-07 12_10_16-Window.png

2022-06-07 12_13_49-Window.png