Favorite Physics Based Settings

DeLayDesign

Hey experts.

I've been doing a lot more PBRs as of late and am working to tweak my settings to get the perfect view using only X13/X14.

Right now I always adjust the sun intensity to 50000 Lux or midday sun and adjust it's angle to bring some drama into my render. 

My Current interior settings are as follows (Haven't mastered Exterior yet - Tips Welcome) :

Camera Exposure:  .5

Refraction 1,000

Daytime Intensity: 500

Hue:  0.0

Saturation: 5.0

Brightness: 10.0

Chief's guru's go a bit higher on the saturation and Brightness, but it's a bit too much for my liking.

Render Tech..JPG

*Not a RTRT Expert .... but there really are no Settings the will be perfect in every camera View....

The 1000 is not refraction , it is your "Cap Live Samples"  which I normally have on and set to 2500 

( 1000-3000 depending on scene > more glass = more samples )  Capping the Live Samples

will stop your Videocard from running continuously.

With interiors you can also go really low on the Sun ...in the hundreds if the interior it lit well.

M. 

9 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

*Not a RTRT Expert .... but there really are no Settings the will be perfect in every camera View....

The 1000 is not refraction , it is your "Cap Live Samples"  which I normally have on and set to 2500 

( 1000-3000 depending on scene > more glass = more samples )  Capping the Live Samples

With interiors you can also go really low on the Sun ...in the hundreds if the interior it lit well.

M. 

Ah!  Good to know.  I'm going to have to look into the cap live samples then.  I have always just left it at 1000 assuming that was a good default.  Any idea how it works?

10 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

M. 

I just realized the 1000 sample cap seem to matter as it's just a way to stop the raytrace at a certain number.  My default is to not cap it and let it run for a long as I feel necessary.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 11:16 AM, DeLayDesign said:

I just realized the 1000 sample cap seem to matter as it's just a way to stop the raytrace at a certain number.  My default is to not cap it and let it run for a long as I feel necessary.

You're missing an important function of the RTRT engine which is the image export. Image export will take your sample rate into account when creating an exported image and then will apply a denoiser to remove some of the fireflies present depending on your sample rate. I give more information in another thread in this forums

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...